OPPORTUNITIES FOR LAW STUDENTS IN JULY 2020 [UPDATED]
1. Olaniwun Ajayi LP Virtual Internship Programme
Olaniwun Ajayi LP has announced that it is now receiving online applications for the 2020 Virtual Internship Program. Interested candidates are to send in their applications and CVs which must include Institution, level and current CGPA.
1. All law students and recent law graduates are eligible to apply
2. Interested applicants are to prepare a video (not exceeding 3 minutes) introducing themselves and stating why they should be considered for the position.
3. Applicants are to fill an e-form on the firm’s website.
4. Applicants are to upload as a single document their resume, the video link, and proof of CGPA in the space provided.
Visit https://www.olaniwunajayi.net/careers/ and click on “Apply Now” to get started. Deadline is 24th of July, 2020.
2. Maritime Law Essay Competition for Law Undergraduates
The Maritime Law Club, Lagos State University uses this medium to call for the submissions of entries to its maiden Maritime Law Essay Competition.
Topic: Charting the course for a post Covid-19 World: The Nigerian Shippers Perspective.
- Open to all undergraduate law students in Nigeria
- Word count is 1500-2000 words
- Entries must be written in English language
- Plagiarism will lead to automatic disqualification
- Essays must be sent in PDF format, typed in Times New Roman; 12 font size and double spaced
- A valid student ID card is to be attached to the body of the mail.
- Entries are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes for the competition are
- First position: ₦15000
- Second Position: ₦8000
- Third Position: ₦5000
Entries closes on 31st July, 2020 and winners are to be announced on the 5th of August, 2020.
For more information, visit mynaijalaw.com
3. LAWTERACT Essay Competition
LAWTERACT has announced the second edition of its annual Essay Competition. The essay competition is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students of Law, Political Science and International Relations/Studies in recognized universities.
The theme for this edition of the essay competition is COVID-19: ASSESSING CHINA’S CULPABILITY THROUGH INTERNATIONAL LAW.
The Prizes to be won are as follows:
1st Position – ₦50,000
2nd Position – ₦30,000
3rd Position – ₦10,000
Entries are to be submitted between 10th July to 24th July, 2020. Participants are required to register at lawteract.com.ng.
4. Primus Grace LP Energy and Natural Resources Internship Program 2020
Primus Grace LP is calling for applications from lawyers, undergraduates, postgraduates and reserach experts into internship positions in its Energy and Natural Resources Division.
Applicants are to send a cover email to email@example.com with the following attachments:
▪ Copies of academic certificates/transcripts
▪ Copies of relevant publications (if any)
Deadline for applications is the 15th July, 2020. Applicants will be contacted on the status of their applications on/before 14th August, 2020.
5. LEAP Africa Young Leadership Programme
Applications are open for the LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) 2020. LEAP Africa invites passionate Nigerian undergraduates between the ages of 18 – 29 years to apply for its Youth Leadership Programme (YLP).
The objective of the YLP is to empower young people with leadership skills to be socially active citizens and with tools to develop change projects in their communities in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The programme will include intensive training, mentoring, coaching that inspires action on social problems and the SDGs through the power of skills, active citizenship, leadership and social entrepreneurship.
- Open to a team of 3-5 people;
- 18-29 years of age;
- Committed to attending online training and available for mentoring;
- Only higher institutions students across Nigeria should apply;
- Team members can be from different higher institutions.
How to Apply
● Step 1: Form a team of 3 to 5 people who share the same vision, drive and commitment towards social problems and choose a team leader.
● Step 2: Introduce your team and share your social challenge and why your team should be selected in a 2-minute video. Upload the video on YouTube or Google Drive and include the link in your online application
● Step 3: Apply using the link to the application form. The team leader is required to fill out the application form on behalf of the team. Please ensure all team members are interested in and committed to the overall goal and objective of the programme.
● Step 4: 20 teams will be selected to officially join the programme.
● Step 5: The programme will kick off in July 2020
Click here to apply. Application closes 11th of July, 2020.
6. UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay 2020
UONGOZI Institute is pleased to announce this year’s Leadership Essay Competition, the eighth since inception (2013). Similar to previous years, this year’s topic aims to solicit thoughts on the theme of the African Leadership Forum (ALF). The essays should respond to the following question:
If you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in the Continent?
The Competition is open to all African citizens between 18-25 years.
All essays must be typed. The maximum length is two (2) A4 pages. The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54 cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language and appropriateness to contest theme. All essays must be written in English.
A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner. Up to five winners will be selected.
The winners will receive their awards at a prize-giving event, which will be held online during the ALF in July 2020. The ceremony will be attended by former African Heads of State and other distinguished leaders from the public sector, private sector, academia and civil society. The overall winner will be asked to read the winning essay at the event.
How to Apply
Essays should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must also submit a written Statement of Originality and ownership of intellectual property rights.
The final deadline for submission will be Friday, 10 July, 2020 at 17:00 hours (EAT). The winners will be notified via email on the third week of July, 2020. Feedback will not be provided on individual essays.