OPPORTUNITIES FOR LAW STUDENTS AND LAWYERS IN JANUARY 2022
Internships and Job Opportunities
1. Duale, Ovia & Alex-Adedipe Recruitment Exercise
Duale, Ovia & Alex-Adedipe is seeking to employ Associates in the following departments:
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology
- Capital Markets
- To provide expert legal support and advice to clients; take instructions from clients; and advise on necessary courses of legal action.
- Clients can be individuals, groups, public sector organisation or multi-national companies. This role will require working on multiple transactions concurrently.
- Litigation: Must have 4-5 years post-call experience working as a lawyer in a core litigation law firm.
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology: 2-3 years post-call experience working as a lawyer in a commercial law firm.
- Capital Markets: 3-4 years post-call experience working as a lawyer in a commercial law firm.
Must have core knowledge of the following practice areas:
- Banking and Finance
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology
- Capital Market
- Private Equity
Nos 1 & 2 are compulsory for the TMT Department while the 3& 4 are compulsory for the Capital Market Department, however, experience in all is an added advantage.
LL.B and B.L (LLM or MBA is an added advantage)
- Expert legal skills in relevant areas of practice
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and Power
- High standard of communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent client care and interpersonal skills
- Confident and capable
- Efficient and detailed
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Able to use initiative
- Flexible and cooperative
Send your cover letter and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as Application- Telecommunications, Media & Technology or Litigation or Capital Market depending on which department you are applying to.
NB: Application closes on Friday 17th of January 2022.
2. Associate Recruitment
Lawyers with 1st class and 2.1 needed at a Top Commercial Law Firm. You will be working with a SAN in Lagos. Salary 150k (negotiable based on competence). 1-5years post call. Qualified and interested applicants should send CV to Yelefemi@gmail.com
3. Pensbury Attorneys and Solicitors Arbitration Internship
Are you an arbitration enthusiast seeking to gain experience working on live cases or contribute to an international arbitration textbook due for publication in 2022?
Kindly apply to Pensbury Law’s Arbitration Internship and maximise your opportunity.
- Qualified candidates should be called to Bar in any African country or be a law student not below 400 level
- Candidates must demonstrate passion for international arbitration
- Average computer literacy needed.
If you fit these requirements, send your application letter and CV to email@example.com
Application Deadline:31st January 2022
4. DCSL Graduate Internship Programme 2022
DCSL is accepting applications to its 2022 Graduate Internship Programme. The programme affords applicants an opportunity to gain hands on practical Corporate Services experience. The internship is to last for 6 months.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelors degree with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) grade
- Applicants must not be above the age of 25
- Only law graduates, qualified chartered company secretaries and graduates of the Arts and Humanities are eligible to apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is January 21, 2022.
Competitions and Contests
1. The Nigerian Rounds of the Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Competition
The National Space Research and Development Agency in collaboration with the LearnSpace foundation presents The Nigerian rounds of the Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Competition.
The competition is to hold between 7th to 10th February 2022 at NASDRA Headquarters, Obasanjo Space Centre. Opp Pyakasa Junction, Kilometer 17, Airport Road, Abuja.
Interested candidates are to register a team of three from their university to participate in the competition. The National Rounds are a prerequisite for schools to participate in the African Rounds of the Competition.
For more details on the competition, visit https://www.renaissancereports.com/
To register, visit https://forms.gle/55TrTgmAL7tPZ8X27
2. Jackson Lighthouse Educational Fellowship Essay Competition
Jackson Lighthouse Educational Fellowship in conjunction with the African Law Students Association, University of Benin presents Essay competition 1.0., 2022.
The Essay Competition is themed: Public Nuisance; a sidelined phenomenon that demands urgent legal response.
- Participants must be 1st or 2nd year law students at any tertiary institution in Nigeria
- Participants are to submit a typed essay in PDF with Times New Roman Font, 12 pt, and double spaced.
- All essays have a maximum word count limit of 1500 words
- Judging will be based on Mechanical Accuracy, Correct use of legal dictions and case laws, coherence, creativity, and engagement of notable referencing styles (OSCOLA preferably).
First Prize: 15,000
Second Prize; 10,000
Third prize; 5000
The submission deadline is 20th February 2021 and entries are to be submitted to email@example.com
Content Provider, Legal Pages